Friday, February 26, 2010

I am a Potter

I am an Idealist.
I am a Process addicted Romantic.
I am a Potter.

pottery...

I have heard people say that the inside of a vessel is a symbol of a female..well..a vagina. And. Yes. a void within a strong form which serves a purpose. Makes sense.Right..??
The statement makes my feminist side smile...My critical side shrug. Like. ay. Fucking. ay. anything.and.everything that holds an object can be related back to the female reproductive.

High.Fiver.
Recognize and Respect.
(more feminist then angst.critic about this subject i suppose)

Question Mark..

Do men get excited about handles on vessel forms..??
'Cause i place them on forms to make a..Mug..(!) ..

Teapots..Gee golly..

spouts.
(and a handle)

I have seen many ball and penis looking tea.pots..
It is harder..then one may think..to make one pour to satisfaction.

Pottery.
i am a kiln slut.
I've been hopping state lines.kiln.to.kiln.
The difficulty of continuing a Pottery Practice outside the academic sphere is a challenge.. that i have been fortunate enough to...Continue.
(i do not give sexual favors to any kiln master. just to let you know...)

I'm two Kiln Firings away from an Etsy account. A show. and. A Festival (application).

Lots of happenings.




(Lunch Plate.2010)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, funny post... it's either one or t'other, vagigi or penisota. i think only a cube is neither. anyway, i dig your bowl (the one in the picture). are you using shellac or wax as the resist? i'm a shellacker (that's shellacker not schlacker) myself

.Ashley.Lin. said...

giggle. good point about the cube. i think a hard core femmi. could debate just for the thrill of it..
thanks for the typed.out high.fiver about my piece. I am a shellac.er. i do my decorating in layers.layers.of shellac. fun times with a bucket of water. your stuff.sir.has some awesome movement. i'm going to check your blogger out later!!